Many thanks again to Dennis Gilmore, and to Jarod Wilson, the Fedora DS
community, and all of those who reviewed the package. Once the mirrors
are updated, on fc-5 and fc-7 (the fc-6 build systems are having
problems at the moment), you should be able to do a 'yum install
fedora-ds'. Details about the work involved are here -
There are some things you should be aware of if you plan to try this out
or deploy it:
* This version of the Fedora DS is just the core only. It does not
contain any of the console, admin server, gateway, or other web
applications. Those will be submitted as separate packages in the near
future. However, the Fedora DS comes complete with all of the command
line management tools and can be managed via LDAP.
* This version is not the "official" 1.1.0 version, but rather a
pre-release, the version that is very close to being the 1.1.0 candidate.
* There are no migration scripts provided, and the wiki documentation is
a bit sparse at the moment.
The next steps:
* write migration scripts/docs so people can migrate from 1.0 to 1.1
* update the wiki docs, especially the install guide and Building page
* work on getting the console and admin server code into fedora