Today I installed the 389 Directory Server and Directory Console. However, the console
keeps crashing and dumping core. However, it failed to write core dump, leaving a log file
into root directory.
The first time when it dumps core:
1. Launch the 389-console
3. Select Directory Server Instance, in my case, its userauth1, open it
4. Choose Configuration Tab, expand data
5. Right click on it, choose New Suffix
6. Type in New Suffix name: dc=test2,dc=com
7. Type in Database name: test2
8. Click OK.
Then it dumps core. I re-launch the console, but I cannot find the newly added suffix.
So I decide to add it again, but the console spit out error that "suffix already
exists". Console does not display the newly added suffix, however, it thinks it does
I repeated adding another new suffix with a different name. It works without core dump.
I repeated adding/deleting new suffix a few more times. It appears core dump happens
either when adding or deleting root suffix, randomly.
I need help to figure out
1) How do I delete the root suffix that cannot be displayed by the console?
2) How do I make console stable.
The java package, java-1.6.0-openjdk-18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124.el6_7.x86_64, is installed and
used on my CentOS 6.7 x86_64 machine.