An FYI ... I've been grinding along with the bproc port to RHEL 6.2,
debugging -- and making fixes -- and I've made significant progress in
the last couple of days.
* I've got the bproc_move() intrinsic working [apparently] reliably.
That's the underlying bproc functionality that moves a process image
from one node to another, and it validates a bunch of the changes
needed for bproc in RHEL 6.2, including assembler code, changes to the
interface to the kernel's vfs (virtual file system) layer, changes
to the kernel's syscall interface, and a rewrite of bproc's /bpfs filesystem.
* The bpsh command, which uses bproc_move() (and other bproc
functionality), now partially works: I can bpsh a simple program that
does both a printf() and a syslog() of its argument values. The
syslog() works, but the printf() doesn't -- and the printf() is a
crucial piece. I'm in the midst of trying to figure out why printf()
doesn't work. However, a simple program that does a bproc_move() to a
compute node and executes a printf() *does* work.
* As more and more of the bpsh functionality begins to work correctly,
that gets me farther and farther into the node-booting scripts
("node_up" and "setup_fs"), which encounters various incompatibilities
between RHEL 4&5 and RHEL 6. I'm fixing or working around those
* Though because a bpsh'ed program's stdout isn't working, that breaks
many of the uses of bpsh in the 'node_up' and 'setup_fs' scripts.
So it's real progress. And as more bproc_move() and bpsh
functionality comes alive, the easier the debugging of the remaining
-- John Hawkes