There is the patch I promised you, it creates a new package for you abrt
http daemon called abrt-http (maybe you should consider renaming the
binary) and fixes a few build problems. Btw, I'm not sure if it
shouldn't be in /sbin rather then /bin does it make ever sense to run it
Currently the duplicate hash of a crash for Bugzilla is computed from
the package NVR (name, version, release), path of the executable, and
the backtrace hash.
This is very unfortunate because the package NVR is changed frequently
(it contains Fedora OS version), and path of the executable is not a
good differentiator. When multiple executables from a single component
crash with similar backtrace, it is better to assume that they share
code and have single Bugzilla bug report.
Please see the attached patches changing the code to compute the
duplicate hash from the component name and the backtrace hash.
The python abrt-action-debuginfo-install script has a few problems:
1. it needs to be able to write to /var/cache/abrt-di
2. it needs to be able to read $HOME/.abrt/spool/
so far we're trying to achieve this by running the debuginfo-install
script under group ABRT (using SGID) and this approach has a few flaws:
1. it creates /var/cache/abrt-di/usr with owner <user>:abrt
- wher <user> is the user who actually ran it and it makes the directory
writeable for that user which is not good
2. if we use SUID instead it can't read the
a) we can split the script into two parts:
- first part which will analyse the coredump a gets the build_ids and
feed the build_ids to the second part which will be the suided script
which donwloads and extracts the packages
b) we open the coredump and pass the file descriptor to the suided
- I vote for the first solution as the second one will probably need a
selinux policy tweak, because selinux doesn't like leaking fds.
Any other ideas are more than welcome ;)
this patch makes following elements translatable:
description - event description
label -> screen_name
description -> event description (not used)
- the event xml files are now generated during make form the
corresponding *.xml.in files
the patch is run-tested, please review.