Quoting Petr Hracek (2015-03-04 12:32:34)
RUN yum install httpd -y
CMD ["ps -ef | grep http"]
I don't think this will start httpd process (unless you are using
systemd-container inside and httpd is somehow enabled after installation — which
you would have to do by yourself anyway)
sudo docker build -t phracek/fedora21-http
Put yourself in docker group, why would you run docker client as root?
1) [Tab How to install docker on Fedora]
How to Install on Fedora 21:
- install docker-io fedora-dockerfiles #fedora-dockerfile contains a
really good examples. Needs to be updated
- sudo systemctl start docker
- sudo docker run -i -t fedora /bin/bash
for test whether docker is running.
'docker version' could be a better example, since it won't create a container
would be really scared by the new prompt)
docker run --rm -ti fedora /bin/bash
- adding to group docker
I think that package fedora-dockerfiles is more or less needed. There
are most information and useful Dockerfiles.
I like this section! Especially fedora-dockerfiles part: example dockerfiles
2) [Docker useful commands]
Some useful commands like in Fedora.
- building docker image
- starting docker image
- deleting docker image (docker rmi ..)
If you are still talking about beginners, they don't know what an image is and
why they want to create their own images. I know that we were talking about
making the page for more experienced users, hence my question: will this webpage
be for beginners or powerusers?
- link to empty or dummy Dockerfile like from 
- may be example Dockerfile would be also good.
Number two could be some sample django application with browser output.
Some command are already mentioned here .
3) [Links to documentation]
Some links to docker.io page would be welcome???? This is under
discussion and of course
we don't want to duplicate pages.
4) [Fedora docker WEB UI interface]
WEB UI interface for creating Dockerfiles
How can it look like?
- Tab for creating Dockerfile
- It can contain important directives like EXPOSE, RUN, ADD etc.
and Popup window discovers where user can write
- Immediately your see how docker file look like.
- Tool can merge repeated commands like yum on several lines
- Tab for validation users dockerfiles
- Tab for building images and container execution. User could be able to
run ssh window with container.
This is a really big task. Being a terminal freak, it wouldn't be very useful
for me (I would actually prefer dockerfile syntax coloring with syntax checker
in vim). But for beginners this could be _very_ helpful. Great idea Peto!
That's all. Currently now I know how to build/run docker files
could help beginners on Fedora:)
I missed some useful commands on the one page.
Let's continue with new challenges. I think that the web UI is more or
less important for propagation Fedora as
distro for docker.
Red Hat, Inc
env-and-stacks mailing list