Here's the meetbot minutes of today's meeting:
- Shillman is doing two prototype tests this week (originally scheduled to be in person but remote now bc of snow and some other issues)
- Sayan and rtnpro met about the ircb/hubs integration, minutes are here: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meetbot/teams/waartaa-devel/waartaa-dev...
- Mo did a quick summary of the IRC meeting minutes in this meeting, check full log for it
- abompard and mizmo also had a discussion about next steps for the halp widget
- jcline catch up on irc design and make sure we can communicate with the irc network during the registration wizard
- mizmo to start working on updating / iterating irc chat / user list widget mockups
- mizmo to mock up config UI for halp widget
- abompard to investigate custom template for config UI; autocomplete and 'shopping list' for hubs
- mizmo to mock up config UI for setting hub IRC channel
- (shillman to complete two more prototype tests for regional hubs + document)
Here's the meeting minutes from today:
mizmo to mock up config UI for halp widget
mizmo to mock up config UI for setting hub IRC channel
mizmo to start working on updating / iterating irc chat / user list widget mockups
shillman to finish transcriptions from prototype tests
shillmand and mizmo to get together to do prototype test analysis
jcline catch up on irc design and make sure we can communicate with the irc network during the registration wizard
abompard to work on custom config page for halp widget (dependant on mizmo mockup)
sayan to work to fix hubs-dev.fic
sayan to work to fix hubs-dev.fic
jcline to set up alembic for hubs
sayan to push endpoint docs after fhackdroid sets up vagrant
fhackdroid to set up vagrant for ircb
My name is Eduard Lucena, I'm from Venezuela, but I live in Chile. I'm a Linux
user since 2009, Fedora User since 2012. I work in the telecommucation
industry strongly focused to work with bash, zsh and python scripts to
automate thing. I'm recently joined to Fedora Ambassadors Latam and I'm
pointing to increase the use of Linux Workstations based on security and on
the mayority of Linux system usage in telecemmunications equipments (in my
own experience, 90% of network elements are running some kind of Unix, and
the big majority of those are linux).
My wiki page is https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:X3mboy
GNU/Linux User #589060
Ubuntu User #8749
Fedora Ambassador Latam
We had a meeting today about the IRC feature.
- Sayan identified a hole in the mockups - the case where the user has an IRC nick registered already. We need to let them give us their already-registered nick and pass so we can auth them. mizmo will update design accordingly.
- we will need database fields irc_enabled, irc_configured
- why a separate irc_configured field? because we know the IRC nick if they filled out in FAS, it's been a FAS field well before ircb so we can't key just based on if the irc nick field is populated
- If the irc_configured is False then we take the user through the nickname / freenode registration wizard
Now that I'm reading through the minutes, I understand something I misread live in the meeting - so Sayan proposed that we take input from the user from the wizard and only until they complete the wizard, communicate with ircb. The problem is we need to be in constant communication with IRC through each screen -
- First screen (nickname selection), we need to query nickserv or do a /info on the nicknames the user tries to see if they are available or not. There is no other way to check this.
- Second screen (email, password), we need to run a REGISTER command with nickserv over IRC
- Third screen (email verification), we need to run a verify command with nickserv over IRC
So it's not possible to gather all the info and then submit to IRC in one go. Or am I missing something?
Mo and I met last week to continue with teaching me Hubs and mockups CSS.
As per the intro to the post:
We finished identifying what we do and do not know about team badges, made
note of aspects of the mockup that were confusing, Mo explained the use of
Bootstrap for responsive design and her best practices in mockup-to-CSS
tasks, and I took a shot at writing some CSS.
Here's the meetbot minutes:
Here's a summary:
- FAS3 work is being suspended so we won't rely on it anymore
- we'll make irc nick an LDAP field instead
- We'll populate irc nick based on FAS2/LDAP, then update as needed if fedmsg tells us there's been an update
- sayan would like more people to contribute to ircb, so he's been working on documenting it, and when ready will post some blog posts to try to recruit new contributors that points to the docs and issues he will file for creating websocket endpoints
- mizmo updated the nick selection mockups based on a discussion she and sayan had last week: https://pagure.io/fedora-hubs/issue/283#comment-71771
- mockup discussion will take place in tickets 283 / 310, irc backend discussion will take place in backend tickets
- tomorrow we'll meet an hour earlier than the time this meeting starts and go through #290 and #291 (irc backend tickets) to divvy up the tasks