I'm happy to announce the release of virt-manager 1.1.0!
virt-manager is a desktop application for managing KVM, Xen, and LXC
virtualization via libvirt.
The release can be downloaded from:
The direct download links are:
This release includes:
- Switch to libosinfo as OS metadata database (Giuseppe Scrivano)
- Use libosinfo for OS detection from CDROM media labels (Giuseppe
- Use libosinfo for improved OS defaults, like recommended disk size
- virt-image tool has been removed, as previously announced
- Enable Hyper-V enlightenments for Windows VMs
- Revert virtio-console default, back to plain serial console
- Experimental q35 option in new VM 'customize' dialog
- UI for virtual network QoS settings (Giuseppe Scrivano)
- virt-install: --disk discard= support (Jim Minter)
- addhardware: Add spiceport UI (Marc-André Lureau)
- virt-install: --events on_poweroff etc. support (Chen Hanxiao)
- cli --network portgroup= support and UI support
- cli --boot initargs= and UI support
- addhardware: allow setting controller model (Chen Hanxiao)
- virt-install: support setting hugepage options (Chen Hanxiao)
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release through testing,
bug reporting, submitting patches, and otherwise sending in feedback!